So…blogger awards are apparently really popular on WordPress and Blogger! I’ve been realizing this over the past few months now since joining the Book Blogging community.
Anyways, I was nominated by the amazing James @ ThisIsMyTruthNow. His site is full of wonderful reviews (i.e. books, films, television shows, etc.), creative writing, challenges and other miscellaneous posts. He’s extremely active, which I think is truly remarkable when we all have such busy lives with an abundance of things to attend to. If you would like to see his responses to the One Lovely Blogger Award, click here! Thank you James!
Side note…this was way harder than I thought it would be…I thought these things were supposed to get easier…
Alright, here we go!
- Each nominee must thank the person who nominated them and link their blog in their post.
- They must include the rules and add the blog award badge as an image.
- Must add 7 facts about themselves.
- Nominate 15 people to do the award!
- My favourite colour is blue, all shades of blue.This probably comes from my love of the water and the sky.
- I enjoy anime and manga, to a certain extent. This is mainly coming of age and slice of life shows and manga’s.
- I used to be a lifeguard, which I definitely have my fair share of crazy stories at work…
- I didn’t know I was part Métis until second or third year of undergrad. Funny enough, people used to think I was part native due to my dark eyes and olive skin tone.
- I can make a clover with my tongue and do the Vulcan Salute properly. Don’t even ask how I discovered the clover tongue thing…kids are weird.
- I struggled with weight during starting in Grade 7; mom says I gained it almost overnight due to puberty. For years, I never dressed nice and I deleted so many photos that showed me as a larger person. I couldn’t even go shopping without crying. In university, I began losing it naturally. Then more so when I started taking better care of my body. It’s one of those things I hate talking about but I share, for I remember being inspired when I saw people who weren’t naturally skinny lose the weight and live a healthy lifestyle. I’m still extremely self conscious, especially around my friends who are so petite and beautiful, but my friends have really helped me with my confidence.
- I have a borderline addition to the Sims 3, as in I should possibly seek therapy. It has slowed down immensely since starting a desk job, maintaining fitness, getting back into reading, and starting this book blog. But I love the Sims 3, and for the life of me I don’t know why.
Moohnshine’s Corner | SerialBibliophile | Fire and Rain Books | Too Much of a Book Nerd | Mel To The Any | Book Princess Reviews | The Night is Dark and Full of Books | Novel Deelights | The Tattooed Book Geek | SusanLovesBooks | BookBum | The Stalked Shelf | abookishbelle | The Well-Thumbed Reader | The Review Author
Thank you once again James for the nomination! Heads up, expect another Let’s Talk Banned Books post a week from today!