Hello beautiful people!
…I think I’m just going to admit that 2018 has just NOT been a good reading year for me. After reading Kelly’s discussion post regarding Reading Slumps, I’ve started to realize some key things that cause me to read less: having too many unread books on my shelves, reading series that are too massive and complex, books with too many POV’s, and not reading at least one paranormal and one realistic fiction book a month.
It’s crazy how reading tastes change! I was trying to read more fantasy this year since it used to be my favourite. And though I still enjoy this genre, I realized I’ve moved towards urban fantasy/paranormal and realistic fiction. My biggest goal of 2019 is to STOP reading books I think I HAVE to read and to simply read what ACTUALLY interests me.
Now that my discussion on reading life is over…here’s my REALLY SAD wrap up!
The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy by Mackenzi Lee
“In this highly anticipated sequel in the Montague Sibling series, Mackenzi Lee’s The Lady’s Guide to Petticoats and Piracy provides thorough entertainment and grand adventures for a wide range of readers to enjoy. Trying to make a name for herself in a male dominated period, Felicity Montague begins her own story with unimaginable mysteries and despicable villains. But with her two wonderful companions, nothing will stand in her way of truth and triumph!”
There were A LOT of great posts this month, but I don’t feel as though I really spread my horizons with bloggers as much as I would’ve liked, so I’m not filling this section out this month.
I did not request any NetGalley Books during November 2018 (wow…what a shocker).
Due to the fact that I KNOW I won’t finish 50 books this year, I lowered my reading goal to 40…let’s see if that goes well…
Okay…has anyone ever experience “social media” anxiety? Well, I have. This year has been REALLY hard on me regarding keeping up with my social life and fitness goals and this blog. This was STARTED to help me read more…now I find I read less.
The thing is, I have OCD with a mix of anxiety…I know, I’m the life of the party folks. I LOVE LIFE! Truly, life is a gift. However, I get overwhelmed stupidly quick. When I have too many things going on in my funny brain, I just get tense and panic. With trying to work out more, eating a more nutritious meal set, going out with friends and “socializing”, keeping in touch with you lot, finding the time to read, working more to improve my work performance, and finding the time for blogging and the social media elements that go with this…I begin to freak out and hide from the world…and then get nothing accomplished…yay me!
Soooo…I decided to make some changes:
- Change Number One | No More Twitter: I really never cared for Twitter to begin with, so whichever. I had no motivation to go on it, and then I got anxiety from all the missing notifications…good grief.
- Change Number Two | Less Focus on Instagram: I love Instagram…like LOVE it! I will never delete my account – however, I refuse to get hung up on it. If I post, I post. I’m not making a set schedule or this NEED to post every day or week or month.
- Change Number Three | Not Caring About Follower Number: Obviously, I will celebrate big achievements with giveaways and such, but I also refuse to get anxious over a number…I’m not even paid. The more followers means the more friends, which is wonderful. But I don’t want to feel like the number defines how great (or not so great) this blog is.
- Change Number Four | More Bullet Journal Posts: I have become obsessed with Bullet Journals. Rather than so many tag posts and stuff, I really want to start posting not only monthly spreads but information discussions and what not. There’s a lot of information out in the world already, but whichever. I like it…so I’m doing it. WOOOT!
- Change Number Five | More Focus on Quality over Quantity: Let’s be frank, I haven’t really been posting that much. And when I DO post, it’s a stream of tags and then a random review. I love tags, but this space was originally to help me read more. So I want to start focusing back on reviews and the quality of them. I’ll obviously participate in tags, but I’m not going to feel bound to do EVERY SINGLE TAG I’M TAGGED IN! #sorrynotsorry
The only other changes I can think of is I might try some aesthetic changes. I wanted to use a free template outside of WordPress…but the Business Plans costs a lot! So as much as I love the aesthetic I have now, I want to explore some new ones. This is probably a mid to late 2019 goal…but writing it down always feels more official.