Hello beautiful people!
As I mentioned in my previous book challenge post, this StoryGraph app is going to be my downfall … there are WAY too many fun challenges to try. The next one up I wanted to introduced to you all is the Folklore – Taylor Swift – Reading Challenge, created by angourierice. As some of you might know, I become obsessed with Swift’s Folklore and Evermore albums she released in 2020; those indie and folk vibes are just calling to me! So OBVIOUSLY I had to participate in a Folklore themed reading challenge!
There’s also one for Evermore, for those of you who are interested.
What is the Folklore Taylor Swift Reading Challenge?
According to the webpage, this is “a year-long reading challenge themed around Taylor Swift’s latest album, folklore! You can combine challenges, and complete as many or as few as you’d like.” These “year-long” challenges are legit my new favourite thing … I hate feeling rushed but I love having prompts to complete that aren’t overwhelming, such as the Popsugar Reading Challenge.
There are 16 prompts in total, with a bonus one at the end, so it’s a pretty laid-back challenge for those who want to participate yet don’t want to cater ALL their books they read in the year towards filling prompts.
- the 1 – A book you want to give another chance
- cardigan – A comfort read
- the last great american dynasty – An historical fiction
- exile – A book with dual perspectives
- my tears ricochet – A book featuring a ghost
- mirrorball – A book featuring parties / balls / dances
- seven – A middle grade
- august – A book set during summer
- this is me trying – An award-winning literary novel
- illicit affairs – A book under 200 pages
- invisible string – A book with a colour in the title
- mad woman – A nonfiction book about feminism
- epiphany – A book about a hero
- betty – A YA contemporary romance
- peace – A book with a simplistic cover design
- hoax – A book with blue on the cover
- the lakes – A book published between 1800 and 1920 (inclusive)
Are you participating in the Folklore Reading Challenge? I’ve already completed one prompt and have a book chosen for another, but please leave me some suggestions below! I have no idea how often I’ll show updates for this challenge, but we shall see!